martes, 8 de junio de 2021

Restarting

So, I honestly don't know where to start, or what to say....  My dear husband has been telling me for a while that i need to start working on a blog, apparently he believes that there is something that  I can say which may be good for others to read...   I think that he might just be in  love with me and think that I am cool- which I am obvously grateful for!  At least I have him convinced.

Today I was at the doctor's office for a routine check-up and had the blessing of having my honey there with me. While I was waiting for my Herceptin to get mixed up by the super busy pharmacist, I started to look around the room I was in. MSTI here in Nampa has 10 chairs, and today they were all full- some familiar faces, some new ones. The older lady sitting on my left was looking a little peakish, and started to cry when the sweet nurse stopped by to ler her know that her infusion was almost ready. She was feeling like she couldn't do it, the nausea was to much for her today.  The A/C infusions really are nasty beasts, and I can remember when I got to go through that series- it was one of the most miserable moments of my life!  I hate feeling like i am going to throw up, it is one of the hardest things for me- roller coasters are out, pregnancy was not super exciting, and I get a bit grumpy when my husband rocks the car back and forth when he is bored waiting for the gas pump to turn off while filling the seemingly endless cavern that is the gas tank in our car. 
I reached over to the sweet lady, she was probably in her late 50's, early 60's. What can you say to someone who is hurting? Even if you DO understand, because you have felt the exhaustion of being always nauseas, knowing that someone else has felt it really doesn't alleviate any symptoms!  All I could do was reach over and squeeze her arm, letting her know that I was there- hoping that giving her that reassurance that it is possible to live through the constant desire to heave up your guts, and that it DOES get better.
And I think this is the reason that I am going to write- maybe I will tell my story, to help myself and possibly others realize how blessed we are to have these opportunities- and it DOES get better, even if it is after it feels like we have thrown up everything we have eaten in months.

I don't promise to be eloquent, but I will be me!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario